Anaerobic Biological Treatment-
Treat your wastewater, generate biogas, and reduce your CO2 footprint at the same time.
Anaerobic biological treatment
Reduce carbon and water footprint, recover energy and improve operational sustainability.
The future of energy production is, in many ways, a real brain teaser for the highest-educated scientists. While water comes with a relatively moderate cost, energy prices are already skyrocketing. A way out of the energy production crisis and CO2 reduction requirements is the anaerobic digestion of wastewater. Anaerobic wastewater treatment has been widely implemented but was never seen as the next big renewable- until NOW!
What is anaerobic treatment?
Anaerobic treatment systems are based on a biological process operated and controlled under anaerobic conditions that effectively treat COD, BOD, and VSS while producing biogas and very little biomass (without oxygen). Econvert is within the Nijhuis Saur Industries group, the company and brand name of our Anaerobic solutions with vast experience and know-how to properly select, design, build and operate anaerobic processes, providing clients with the best treatment solution. In general, aerobic and anaerobic treatment solutions are both methods using bacteria and can be used together to remove contaminants effectively, meet CSR goals, and meet environmental compliance.
Why Choose Anaerobic Solutions?
- High return on investment
- Up to 90% savings on discharge costs
- Low operational costs and low maintenance
- Conversion of wastewater into renewable energy
- No sludge discharge costs
- Reduction of CO2 footprint
- Good possibilities for water reuse in factories (towards closed loops)
- Quick start-up
- Economically appealing at COD loads starting from 300 kg per day
Why anaerobic solutions from Nijhuis Saur Industries and Anaerobic expert Econvert?
- Maximise performance / avoid production stops / meet environmental compliance.
- Reduce water, carbon, and environmental footprint of your plant: a smart combination of incoming and outgoing water streams.
- A smart system to fit into the available plot of the plant.
- Experienced support for high-tech plants to help your local operator or outsource it to Nijhuis Saur Industries and Anaerobic expert Econvert.
Nijhuis Saur Industries and Econvert Technology overview
Depending on the application, solutions can be applied to industrial wastewater or manure, sludge, and organic substances.
Nijhuis Saur Industries and Econvert offer customized solutions based on in-depth process knowledge. We design and construct the following water and biogas treatment plants.
- Econvert-UASB® (Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket)
The robust configuration enables the handling of large varieties in both volume and composition.
- Econvert-EGSB® (Expanded Granular Sludge Bed)
The optimized compromise combines a small footprint with fewer internals. The unique settling system of the reactor has proven to retain solids also in high flow.
- Econvert-IR® (Internal Recirculation)
A high-performer technology designed to create the ideal process conditions. The two-stage settling system enables internal recirculation.
- Econvert-DGF® (Anaerobic Reactor + Dissolved Gas Flotation)
Solution to effectively treat raw wastewaters that contain high TSS and FOG concentrations and factory waste, without (chemical) pre-treatment.
- Econvert-Dsulph® (biological biogas desulphurization)
Manure, sludge, and organic substances:
A mixed anaerobic reactor for sludge, manure, and organic substances. A robust separation step such as a decanter centrifuge or screw press can also be applied to separate the digestate into a liquid and solid fraction.
Full range of biogas treatment solutions
In order to treat the digestate/effluent after the Econvert® or AECOMIXTM- TAURUS process to discharge or reuse requirements, Nijhuis Saur Industries offers a wide range of polishing, reusing, and recovery solutions.
Biogas can be used to feed boilers, gas engines, or Combined Heat & Power (CHP) installations or upgraded to green or natural gas and supplied to the electricity grid. We offer a full range of buffers, flares, biogas blowers/compressors, and biogas cooling/drying.