Aqua-Chem, Inc. Announces Carbon Tower Product Line
[Serving the Beverage Industry with Clean Water Technologies]
Aqua-Chem, Inc. announces the launch of their Carbon Tower product line targeted at meeting the needs of the growing beverage industry and engineered to deliver a lower total cost of ownership than many other technologies on the market. Aqua-Chem’s carbon towers are suitable for any application requiring steam or hot water sanitization and are constructed out of NSF 61 approved materials. The Aqua-Chem Carbon Tower utilizes bituminous coal to provide clean water for use in bottled water, juices, teas, carbonated drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, alcoholic beverages and more. Aqua-Chem’s Carbon Tower is energy efficient and offers a sustainable method for beverage manufactures to remove Chlorine, Chloramines, and Organics from their supply water.
“The carbon tower line is a highly customizable component that integrates seamlessly into almost any beverage facility,” says Jeffrey Okun, Vice President of Sales at Aqua-Chem “Aqua-Chem is always looking for innovative solutions to provide clean water in the most sustainable manner possible.”
- Aqua-Chem offers standard carbon towers capable of processing 200-450 gallons per minute. Customized designs, including larger and smaller carbon towers are also available.
- 316L Stainless Steel and other NSF 61 approved materials assure no materials are leached our extracted from the equipment into the water.
- Optimized both the flow rate and empty bed contact time to provide you with the best quality water while maximizing the utilization of your carbon and meeting production goals. (1 gpm/ft3 flow-rate for 7.5 min EBCT)
- 1-1.5x service flow backwash rate to reduce wastewater and save time.
- A media retaining, slotted screen strainer is utilized to maximize carbon capture within the Tower. The design eliminates the need for support bed material, increasing the effective carbon surface area available for filtering.
- Backwash rates can be varied to meet individual facility requirements and seasonal fluctuations in water temperature. Effective carbon tower operation is highly dependent on the effectiveness of the backwash process. The appropriate freeboard within the tower provides flexibility within the backwash process to achieve optimal effectiveness.
- Inlet/outlet pressure, outlet flow, and vessel temperature monitoring assure temperature control during the steam cycle.
- Automatic backwash assures consistent performance with less effort.
- Automatic steam or hot water sanitization processes increase the efficacy of the VOC removal and sanitization.
- Electropolished tank and face piping for a superior surface finish.
Aqua-Chem’s Carbon Towers are available immediately, with short lead-times and can be customized engineered to perfectly compliment your existing water purification system. For more information on Beverage Carbon Towers visit https://aqua-chem.com/carbontowerfiltration/
Carbon Towers are a part of Aqua-Chem’s full water room design, which is based on decades of experience in the manufacture of water for beverage production and includes:
- Multi-media filters
- Vapor Compression Distillation (VC)
- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- Activated Carbon Towers
- UV disinfection systems (UV)
- Cartridge filters
- Ultra-filter disinfection systems
- Distribution pump skids
- Storage tanks